Custom-built computer won't turn on

DrShmoogle

Solid State Member
Well, I just finished building my first computer (my first build, not my first computer), and when I plugged it in and powered it on, the fans turned on for half a second, then turned off. I turned the power off then on again, but this time nothing at all happened.
I would like to point out that the mobo led does not light up when the power is on.

Thanks for your help
--DrShmoogle

My PSU is 600w...

Also, the green led light came on after I fiddled with some wires... but nothing else turns on...

Well, now I'm really confused. Sometimes when I turn the power on, the little green led lights up. Other times, all the fans turn on for a second then turn off, but with no green led light. But most of the time, nothing happens...
What's goin' on?

See maybe ur components ie your GPU are not getting enough power?

Check the requirements of all ur stuff and see is 600w enough for them

Its either the power supply, or there is a compatability error, List me all of your components and I can check if the wattage is enough.

First - I would check the heatsink is making good contact with the CPU.
Second - With no spare power supply to try, I would uninstall all components except for 1 DIMM, graphics card, processor and heatsink and fan assembly and see if that works. Trialing one DIMM a time.

A spare power supply would be ideal to trial. Your 600W supply is quite powerful so i doubt its a power shortage issue.

check if you also plugged the 4-pin cable from psu to the motherboard.

If the fans run for a split second when you turn on, it usually means you plugged the 24-pin cable but forgot the 4-pin. It should be somewhere near the cpu/cpu heatsink

Back
Top Bottom