Custimise Speed-Link Illuminated Metal Keyboard SL-6466 keys

Dirty Goff

Beta member
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a puzzle for you all. I got myself a 'Speed-Link Illuminated Metal Keyboard SL-6466' and it looks rather smart, but i am having a bit of a problem customising the multimedia and internet hot keys. I have emailed Speed-Link a couple of times and the emails exchanged i have pasted below:-

"
Hello there,

I got the 'Speed Link Illuminated Metal Keyboard SL-6466' for Christmas and i was wondering if i can customise the Multimedia and Internet HotKeys to perform different actions. I have installed the software that came with it and it appears in my system tray next to the clock, but i am only able to view the help, view the about and exit. If you could let me know how i can change/edit the functions of the HotKeys that would be fantastic. I look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks
Simon Thorn
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hello,
Please install from Microsoft the Intelli Type Software, with this you can set the Multimedia buttons.

H.W. Bahrenburg
Service & Support www.speed-link.com

Joellenbeck GmbH
Kreuzberg 2
D- 27404 Weertzen
Germany

Phone: +49 (4287) 1251 33
Fax: +49 (4287) 1251 44

support@speed-link.com

hello there,

I installed this software and tried to change the commands but they
still did their default commands. could you please help

Many Thanks
Simon Thorn
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hello,
Please look into the help of the Keyboard Software.

H.W. Bahrenburg

Joellenbeck GmbH
Kreuzberg 2
D- 27404 Weertzen
Germany

support@speed-link.com

Hello,

what keyboard model do i need to install it as? would this affect the key commands? I edited the key commands but they only do what the software has set it to, for example when intellitype is installed i press the mail and it opens up hotmail but i have set it to open thunderbird.

hope to hear from you soon

Hello,
You must try here Multimedia Keyboard. It can be also that you must set Thunderbird as Standard E-Mail Program.

H.W. Bahrenburg

Joellenbeck GmbH
Kreuzberg 2
D- 27404 Weertzen
Germany

support@speed-link.com
"

I have done all of what was suggested and to no joy so far. When the software isnt installed the Hot Keys work as their default setting.

I hope someone can help me and solve this little puzzle.

Many Thanks

Dirty Goff

Go to your start menu and on the right hand side above your internet connections click the choose default program icon. Make a custom setup in there with the programs you want to run by default.

Also if that doesn't seem to work when you changed the settings under the included software did you apply and restart your computer?

Simple, but did you install the original drivers?

edit: nevermind, I read the manual, you don't need to install drivers for XP and this keyboard.

When you originally tried to change the commands, did you do it here?:
untitled.JPG

yup i tried doing it via the intellitype software (which gave me that window) and its the software Speed-Link told me to use and i changed the hot keys to do different things such as open up my music player or tv player but they still did there default functions (in this case 'open favourites' and 'refresh') Ive customised my start menu and removed items ive never used is the "above your internet connections click the choose default program icon" called "Set Program Access and Defaults"?

cheers

Dirty Goff

Back
Top Bottom