Curser over taskbar problem

Argotist

Solid State Member
When I hover the curser over the task bar and systems tray program icons I no longer get pop-ups telling me what these programs are. This was handy as when I hovered over the computer clock I would get a today's date pop-up. Does anyone know how to get these pop-ups back?

Argotist said:
When I hover the curser over the task bar and systems tray program icons I no longer get pop-ups telling me what these programs are. This was handy as when I hovered over the computer clock I would get a today's date pop-up. Does anyone know how to get these pop-ups back?

I am on Linux now and have not used Windows for such quite along time. I am doing this from memory. If I am right you should be able to right click the task bar and go to properties and you should see an option that says, 'Display tool tips' or something like that. Make sure it's checked.

Thanks, but when I go into properties I only get two options "General" and "Advanced". Under "General" there is no mention of tool tips options and under "Advanced" you can only add items to the start menu. I am using Windows 2000.

Argotist said:
Thanks, but when I go into properties I only get two options "General" and "Advanced". Under "General" there is no mention of tool tips options and under "Advanced" you can only add items to the start menu. I am using Windows 2000.

I see. I haven't used Windows 2000 for years now. I assumed you were using Microsoft Windows Xp. Here are some sites I found on Google that may be of some help to you.

http://fox2k.net/2ktweaks/misc_tips.htm#Disable ToolTips

You would want to do the opposite of what it tells you to disable on that link.

I found this on one site

A. I know only one answer to this, which I hope helps. Right click the desktop and left click "Properties". Select the "Appearance" tab and click on "Effects". Alongside "Use the following transition effects for menus and tooltips" you will probably find it set to "Fade Effect". You can try changing this to "Scroll Effect" or disenabling it altogether by unchecking the adjacent checkbox.

Back
Top Bottom