Curse you Norton Anti-Virus!

El_Zilcho

Baseband Member
I don't know why, and I'm not sure if it's Norton Anit-Virus that's doing it, so I'm just asking to see if anybody knows why this happens.

For some reason, sometime when I go on-line, my internet connection to my computer just shuts down. It won't let me on my homepage, or anywhere else. It just says that the website can't be found. It's not the router, since my Xbox Live still works when it happens.

Another strange thing is that whenever it happens, a Norton warning pops up that says it caught an intrusioin attempt but the attempt was stopped. That's usually when the internet dies.

I use Firefox (IE has a virus with different characteristics than the Firefox problem), and when I go to options and turn off Java and Javascript, it almos never happens except for on certain websites (Such as IGN and Myspace).

I don't use an administrative account, so I don't have the ability to delet Norton and download something else. Could somebody please tell me if it's Norton or some other problem? I ask because I know Norton has a bad reputation. Thanks.

"when you get a menu boot into it" I'm sorry, I realize I'm an idiot, but boot into it? Just go until I can find administrator then do what you say?

El_Zilcho said:
"when you get a menu boot into it" I'm sorry, I realize I'm an idiot, but boot into it? Just go until I can find administrator then do what you say?

boot into safe mode. then there will be a screen that comes up asking for your account, select "administrator" and then login. Once you're logged in run the norton removal utility.

hell i hate norton, i had it on my old computer and it REALLY messed us up so we removed it and got a new one and before i could even think about worrying about it with my laptop, i removed it and got something new within a day. so your not the only one

Norton is probably causing it. Norton's a POS since the beginning...so is the rest of Symantec's products.

i use kaspersky anti virus and system mechanics for my computer i can give you a site to download it off of if you want, if you want it just PM me

lhuser said:
Norton is probably causing it. Norton's a POS since the beginning...so is the rest of Symantec's products.

that's true. I've got two or three copies in the garage that still have activation until march and they're collecting dust. I'm not even giving them away, I don't think anyone should have to put up with the bugs on their PC. It crashed mine more times than I can count due to it's lovely way of getting into the registry so orderly and neat!

Back
Top Bottom