CUBE Cases Pros and Cons?

AnthonyMcEwen

Baseband Member
I had a look on google, but what are the Pros and Cons of getting a CUBE case veruse a normal tower?

Obviously they may take up more room but in some setups there shape might be a benifit?

I assume they are cooler as they have more volume?

And there pretty cool to.

Or are they more of a gimmick / even worse than a normal case?

Im thinking of getting a new cases and cooling then slowly upgradeing my PC as I go.

The cons of "cube cases" is that they usually only support micro atx motherboards.
Pros is... well. the different look. Some people are more into that type of computers.
Like if you want to build a media center computer, a cube case would look more natural under the TV.

Note: They are not necessarily cooler. that is wrong. i'll suspect it to actually be warmer if if has performance hardware.

The cons of "cube cases" is that they usually only support micro atx motherboards.
Pros is... well. the different look. Some people are more into that type of computers.
Like if you want to build a media center computer, a cube case would look more natural under the TV.

Note: They are not necessarily cooler. that is wrong. i'll suspect it to actually be warmer if if has performance hardware.

Having been browsing on some PC shop websites, I can see what you mean, thery are mainly mATX, I had assumed they came in all sizes as had seen them in YouTube videos but guess these are custom made ect.

I have seen one though, that while it is pretty expensive will take ATX and XLATX, and I am having dark thoughts about saving for it as it is well reviwed

Its the carbide air 540....looks awsome but likely not to everyone's tastes.

What about the "Cooler Master HAF XB" and "Fractal Design Node 605"
Those look great, have ATX support and have a cube like formfactor.
The Fractal i still a little expensive, but not too expensive for what you get.

What about the "Cooler Master HAF XB" and "Fractal Design Node 605"
Those look great, have ATX support and have a cube like formfactor.
The Fractal i still a little expensive, but not too expensive for what you get.

I'll look into those to, I am only window shopping at the moment though XD.

I love my Xigmatek Gigas cube case. Sure it's big but roomy and cools very well with four low speed fans. Very quiet and cool to the touch. I think it's better with cooling because of expansive area, not cramped like the towers.

This is when I was building it:

Later I upgraded the CPU HSF:

Back
Top Bottom