Crysis not running smoothly

i defraged today, yes, uhm, my current installed drivers are 197.13, and the newest ones are 197.45. But everytime i download it, i get a error when i try to launch it. So i am not sure how i am going to update.
Same goes with crysis, the update from 1.0 to 1.2 gives me a error, and therfor i cannot update that either.
Yes, i am running crysis right out of the box.
would it help if i uninstalled it and then tried patching before i play?
Also, where do i get the patch for crysis? im wondering if i have been downloading bad patch files.

Well, i finally got the video card drivers up to date, and i am currently re installing and downloading the current patch for crysis. So hopefully this works.

Crysis without the patches is bleh. I got a good deal of a performance increase with the patches, I would try the official ones from EA's site and re install the game before you apply them. Also, I think this may be because of either HDD being slow, or network lag since you said it was mainly online.

Nah, it wouldnt be network lag, ive been trying it out more and more, and its defenatly a FPS issue.
Good news though, i got my video drivers updated, and also, i got the 1.20 and 1.21 updates for crysis, i also reinstalled crysis.
But, i still have the issue. I am able to play sometimes though, like i can have 3 kills with 80 FPS or so, and then bam, im back down to 1 FPS!
I dont know what do do anymore, i believe i have done everything :(

Nah, it wouldnt be network lag, ive been trying it out more and more, and its defenatly a FPS issue.
Good news though, i got my video drivers updated, and also, i got the 1.20 and 1.21 updates for crysis, i also reinstalled crysis.
But, i still have the issue. I am able to play sometimes though, like i can have 3 kills with 80 FPS or so, and then bam, im back down to 1 FPS!
I dont know what do do anymore, i believe i have done everything :(

Run memtest86+? I still sorta think it's an HDD issue...

Well, i went to that programs website, and it is nothing easy trying to run it. I couldnt figure it out. Anything else i can do?

And now, more than anything, if i can get the game to run good fps for a while, it ends up shutting down and saying "Crysis has stopped working".

Ive now actually seen the game slow down to 1 FPS during browsing the main menu... I have also noticed that when trying to join a internet game, it does not allow me unless i do "quick match", because whenever i join a game, it says unmatched version of game detected.
I am running version 1.21, and that is the newest version, am i wrong?

Well, i went to that programs website, and it is nothing easy trying to run it. I couldnt figure it out. Anything else i can do?

And now, more than anything, if i can get the game to run good fps for a while, it ends up shutting down and saying "Crysis has stopped working".

Ive now actually seen the game slow down to 1 FPS during browsing the main menu... I have also noticed that when trying to join a internet game, it does not allow me unless i do "quick match", because whenever i join a game, it says unmatched version of game detected.
I am running version 1.21, and that is the newest version, am i wrong?

You make a bootable CD of it, it's used to test the RAM in a computer. Should just be able to burn the ISO to a blank disk.

And this isn't a pirated or patched copy of Crysis is it? Because if so, that's your problem.

Ok, so let's go to assume Gibson is right, which I can sort of agree with his diagnosis. Run HDtune. Run a *quick* block test. Check the SMART report, and then run a benchmark, give us the results in text or screeshot. And provide us with an HDD model number or give us the model number for your AlienWare so we can attempt to find the P/N on Google.

Back
Top Bottom