Crysis and CoD4

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
k what settings should i be able to play right now on 1280x1024. right now i've been playing them on all medium and Cod4 with 2x AA and Crysis with 0x AA

BTW whats AA? and yes i know its anti-aliasing but what exactly

Specs in sig. and if u noticed i got a Sapphire HD 2600 XT recently. tuesday :D this things amazing. its played everything i've throwed at it. amazing.

oh well thats what makes me mad in the first place. oh and im getting a constant 30-40 if not higher (fraps) so if i can turn the settings up, but what first?

BTW whats AA? and yes i know its anti-aliasing but what exactly
It blurs the pizels around the edges of objects, foliage, trees etc to reduce jagged edges. I've found in some engines, you'd be hard pressed to notice the difference, such as in Crysis, but the Source engine definitely needs AA to make it look good.
Don't use AA if you don't notice the jagged edges.

oh well thats what makes me mad in the first place. oh and im getting a constant 30-40 if not higher (fraps) so if i can turn the settings up, but what first?

It depends on what you like. I personally like to have AA on to 4x leaving the image clearer but I have an Nvidia 7800 so if I have HDR on, I cant have AA on... Also what worshipme said, it depends on the game and resolution. For crysis, you should be fairly good on jagged edges but i dont know about Call of Duty 4 because i have not played the PC version. For crysis try turning up the settings first (no AA) because AA requires alot of power and can slow down performance incredibly. But like i said before, try things out, keep switching the knobs back and forth on the graphics and stop when you feel it looks best and runs as best as it can.

holy crap the 9800GTX is only $200?! and for like 10% more performance you can spend like $600 for the 260 or w/e oh

AA is worthless usually

Back
Top Bottom