Crucial Ballistix (512mb x2)???? for bf2????

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
k guys im building a computer and here are the specs

amd athlon 64 3200+ going to oc to 2.5ghz
eVGA nforce4 sli mobo
eVGA 7600gt 256mb 128bit gddr3 580core clock 1500 memory clock
RAM which i will be talking about
80gb hitachi 7200rpm 8mb cache
raidmax ninja case
enermax power supply

now guys i play bf2, bf2 special forces, bf2 euro forces, hl2, and maybe newer games...now i need to know a lot about crucial ballistix

i already know they dont sell 1gb sticks so i cant do 2gb dual channel

now i was thinking of 2x512mb ddr400 dual channel crucial ballistix...now will this run the game fine...also what is the max i can oc these things too??? also are these sticks good enough to run bf2 on maxed out graphics...now if it has 3 seconds of lag at the start of the game i can deal with that...but if it lags in the game i will get mad...so plz help me guys...thx

It's a known fact that BF2 takes up more than 1gig of memory when maxed out. Personally I think you should just ditch the ballistix and go with an OCZ 2x1gb pack or something. That would work perfectly fine.

yeh i had a feeling that was coming...man i really wanted that ballistix...oh well 2gb will do me much better down the road...thx guys

ya def go to sumthin different that you can get 2 or more gigs out of. bf2 is a system hog like none other. your gonna want the more ram for the new battlefield 2142 as well.

yeh...u think bf 2142 will have hdr??? i saw vid's of hdr in half life 2: lost coast and it is awesome...:)

ok now say i buy 1gb g.skill ddr500(for overclocking)...then later i buy teh exact one...will it let me dual channel or do i have to buy them as a kit so they have been tested??? thx

you've been asking a ton of questions about this new computer, but hey, i guess if it's your first time building you need all the knowledge you can get. BF2 has enormous maps and 1GB should do you fine, but 2GB would definitely be better. if you're only going to use the machine for BF2, then consider getting 2gb, but 1GB would be very good anyway

eh i have been asking a lot of questions but its a good thing...i almost ended up with a 400 watt power supply lol...but yes i will use this computer for bf2...bf2 special forces (which actually takes up even more of the computer, but the graphics are really werid)....also euro forces....i am going to buy hl2 because i loved the demo and i saw hdr video on the lost cost demo...now that is nice...ummm maybe F.E.A.R and games of the sort...but for now i think i finally got my computer figured out...u have ne opinions on teh rest of the setup???

amd athlon 64 3200+ going to oc to 2.5ghz
eVGA nforce4 sli mobo
eVGA 7600gt 256mb 128bit gddr3 580core clock 1500 memory clock
2gb G.Skill ddr500 dual channel
80gb hitachi 7200rpm 8mb cache
raidmax ninja case
enermax power supply

is refurbished bad becasue i found this :)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146549R

lol guys i have 5.05 posts per day :)

Back
Top Bottom