Crossfire or no crossfire?

KynKayd

Solid State Member
I'm bout to be totally rebuilding My desktop, and I've never used cross-fire before, the games I play, are Civ 5, WoW, Crisis, and a few older games, games in the future I'm a want to play are Diablo 3, and the DC Universe, so My question is. Is Crossfire really needed on the new build? I'm a be upgrading, mobo, ram, cpu, probably going with a SSD, and vid card or two depending if crossfire is needed. Thanks

crossfire is (in most cases) only something you do if you already have a card, but want more power without buying a more expensive card. also people that just WANT the best (enthusiast) go for crossfire or SLI.
there are some cases where (in a specific price range) crossfire or SLI was better performance for the money then buying the TOP card in that serie.
BUT you have to know that in most cases it will not be worth it. also you are using more power using 2 cards. and it is getting hotter in your system.
there are also some games that are NOT realy optimized for 2 cards. and in those games the FPS boost will be limitet.

SLI and crossfire don't give double performance just because there are 2 cards. it is more like 10 - MAX 30 % according to the game and the cards itself.
i don't recommended it.

So its not really worth it then it would just be better gettin a bigger and better card. In my desktop I have a 4850 512mb I could probably reuse that but I was wanting the big bad boy card lol. Thanks for letting me know

Back
Top Bottom