Critique my FragBox II configuration

what a waste of money, 1. get a conroe cause it will be a lot better then that 3800+ X2 2. a 7950 is a waste of money because when directx10 comes out it will be useless 3. if u insist on going with amd at least get AM2

gaming_freak said:
what a waste of money, 1. get a conroe cause it will be a lot better then that 3800+ X2 2. a 7950 is a waste of money because when directx10 comes out it will be useless 3. if u insist on going with amd at least get AM2

Okay, the AM2 part I have to agree with. However, why will the 7950GX2 be a waste of money? Granted, when Direct X 10 comes out, it will be a bit less useful than it is now, but I really doubt anything is going to start requiring Direct X 10 for a long time. That thing has plenty of power to deliver for a while yet! If you are a very serious gamer, yes, it may be a good idea to get something a little less expensive to hold you over until the time Direct X 10 comes out, which is scheduled in early 2007 if I am not mistaken. I've come to expect things not to come out when they are projected, and Vista's production date (which will accompany the deployment of Direct X 10) has been moved back at least one time already. I think, if you are looking for a great card at this moment that will hold you over for a fair amount of time, go ahead and get that card. If you are going to want to upgrade straight to Vista right at its debut (which I wouldn't recommend in the first place), get something less expensive to hold you over for at least a half a year. I just don't understand how so many people deem the 7950GX2 a lost cause, because it really isn't.

Back
Top Bottom