crazy DVD drive?!!

mr_roy

Baseband Member
Ahoy there y'all

I have a minor issue I was wondering if anyone could help me with? Basically my DVD drive has started to refuse to read certain discs. I will insert them into the drive and after about 20 seconds of trying to read it the computer will freeze until I decide to eject the disc. To start with I thought it was just this one disc but I've now tried using music CDs which also don't work. The drive is a Samsung SD-612S. Any help... anyone?

Cheers

Nick

mr_roy said:
Ahoy there y'all

I have a minor issue I was wondering if anyone could help me with? Basically my DVD drive has started to refuse to read certain discs. I will insert them into the drive and after about 20 seconds of trying to read it the computer will freeze until I decide to eject the disc. To start with I thought it was just this one disc but I've now tried using music CDs which also don't work. The drive is a Samsung SD-612S. Any help... anyone?

Cheers

Nick

Ok, have you tried cleaning it using a cd/dvd lens cleaner. Also have you tried using compressed air that comes in cans just to blast inside the drive, the lens could be dirty, thats all :)

Bah! Unfotunately this has not solved my problem. Cheers for the post though, much appreciated :)

Anyone else like to have a bash?

Cheers

Nick

mr_roy said:
Ahoy there y'all

Cheers

Nick

You should probably do that; try and find some more drivers. Roll Back the old one and reinstall it.

Still no luck, this is entirely perplexing...

I'm beginning to think that there maybe some sort of copyright software on the discs that its rejecting, that my DVD player has, for some crazy reason, decided it can't read anymore.

Oh well, thanks for your help you guys, keep posting if anyone comes up with new ideas (with the exception of "buy a new disc drive").

Cheers

Nick

Bah, I sometimes wish I was born in Victorian times, god knows why, but it's all working now, not through any action of mine :S

Argh!

Cheers anyway y'all

Nick

Back
Top Bottom