Crackling

BobbyDRZA

Baseband Member
I just bought a new Logitech 5300e speaker system and have a SoundBlaster Audigy LS and set everything up for 5.1 and in some of my songs I'm getting crackling or hisses, is it because of the card, it is a Audigy LS or is it something else? Movies sound just right but some mp3's or cd songs have a little crackling in them. What could it be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm its either your sound card or your speakers

Check with some other speakers, and if they crackle then you know its your card (i doubt this though since it seems this isn't new :p)

If they don't crackle, then i'm afraid you'll just have to send the speakers back and get replacements since they have a fault of some sort :( Theyll be no way of stopping the hiss either i'm afraid since its probably a fault with the amplifier inside the sub :(

I hope you can easily replace them and when they work, they are a GREAT speaker set :)

Or it could be that some of your music files are not the best quality. This could be that your other soundcard / speaker setup did not have the sound quality you now have, and did not pick up the crackling or hisses.

Hmm... try some audio CD's but I doubt this is the case, if its the type of crackling I'm thinking of.

That is also true. I forgot to mention that. You have any idea where BobbyDRZA could buy another lead which would work to try it?

Plus it depends where the crackling is coming from. If its from all speakers, its probably the one that goes from the amp to the computer, but if its one speaker or something, it could be just one lead, and the size of the jacks should be 3.5mm I assume.
Especially how to explain all the leads to know which one it is...

Still though. if it is the leads, I still wouldn't be happy with that, and if it wasn't too much trouble, I'd send back anyway to get a fully working set with no problems. What do you think?

the problem with speaker, (and any audio equipment for that matter) is that it is prone to hiss and crackles...

hiss can be anything from electrical inteferance (like from the computer)to poor connections, or even poor workmanship or a defective component inside the amplifier (either in the speakers or in the soundcard...

I suggest that you need to try a different set of speakers on your computer, and you need to try your set of speakers in a different computer...

that should help you narrow down what the part that doesn't work is...

certainly if you take the speakers back to the shop and say they are faulty and produce hiss and crackles, they will say it's the amp/soundcard, and the soundcard seller will say it's the speakers...

Yeah :p I guess then if nothing works, you just overhaul whats wrong with them to the shop owner, they crackle, but just say there not a soundcard crackle, and are the speakers themselves. If they can plug them up to test, they'll know this is the case.

Have you by any chance got onboard sound your plugging the 5.1 speakers to? Those are great speakers, so its not the quality which is bad...definietly not....

Root has given you some good tips there :)

It can't be the speakers cuz my dvd plays perfectyl clear and so do must of my songs so it might be my Audigy LS, I was thinking of getting a Audigy 2 ZS anyway.

Back
Top Bottom