cpu's

There really is no comparision with dual-cores. Wether it be an X2 or a Pentium D, you really won't notice any difference at all. Sure, an X2 may finish a task 3 seconds faster, but when you're processing it and finishing it roughly 30 to 45 seconds faster then a single-core, does 3 seconds REALLY make that much of a difference?

Come on people...Let's use common sense and judgement here. An AMD X2 may be faster, but in reality, you won't notice the difference unless you had a Pentium D running right along side it. Are people really going to sit there with a stop-watch and say, "See! I beat you! I'm 5 seconds faster!" Seriously folks, when it comes to cost, the Pentium D is a better choice for those on a budget, the X2 is nice, don't get me wrong, but it's nearly $100 more, with that much extra money you could get an extra 512MB of RAM. And then that's when the performance aspect really shines...A Dual-Core CPU with 512MB more RAM, or a Dual-Core with 512MB of RAM less? Which in the long run will win?

i like your thinking, that does make alot of since imo. really i am not sure what i am going 2 do with my computer because it is lagging on some games and i am getting bad performance on css and others. so i am probably just going 2 buy a new video card for a while until vista ships then buy a new processer

Not by 5 seconds faster c'mon the Pent D as intel told they rushed the line of Dual core just cause they want to say we did it first its just 2 prescotts stuck together that operate extremly hot with no comunication between each other, it not really in terms of dual core if you think, the guy said top of the line games thats why there is AMD you will REALLY notice a diferance in gaming since hes playing games as for 100 more dlls there well spent, but if you wanna upgrade wait a few months for Conroe or the new AM2 socket thats what im doing for my future upgrade.

well, dual core would help when trying to use dual monitors(different things in each screen). like so you could have a movie in one monitor, and a game in another. or something like that. but i would say that for normal users, dual core is completely unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom