Cpu For Video Editing?

rockstarhs

Beta member
Hi. I really need help here.I am planning to buy a new pc in 1 month or so but haven't decided what processor to use yet.I am between AMD athlon 64 3500+ and P4 650(3.4GHZ).
Forgot to tell ya that i will use the pc for video and audio editing only.and use the old pc i already have for internet and other applications.
My question is which processor more suitable for my needs.I have asked a friend about it and told me that AMD processors have higher L1,L2 and they are more stable.
but... i have found out that AMD's(althlon 64 3500+) speed is 2.2Ghz and P4's(650) is 3.4 Ghz which makes P4 650 faster from AMD 3500+
and got a lil confused....he he he
helppppppppp
thanks

The whole measure by clock is all wrong. The clock speed makes no difference, it's how its used. AMD has always focused more on performance than clock speeds. They perform more clock cycles in less time, and the Athlon 64 is 64 bit rather than 32 bit so using 64 bit software (which is rare so far, but slowly coming) will add to the performance. People have been getting confused as to why AMD have such a low clock rating when compared to Intels P4. Well AMD in fact, uses a performance rating (PR rating) to compare to competing chips, namely Intel. Even though the 3500+ only runs at what? 2.2GHz? It's called a 3500+ because it's theoretically of equal performance of a P4 3.4-3.5GHz processor, hence the 3500+. When using a good mobo and RAM, AMD can actually benchmark a couple levels higher than the PR rating says, being comparabe to even a P4 @ 3.6GHz.

Have you looked into dual core CPUs such as the Athlon 64 X2? They will do a good job in terms of video editing.

Well Intels are a little bit better for stuff like video editing and multitasking. Amds are the leader in gaming. But if u are going to get a dual core then go for Amd no matter what u use it for.

thanks a lot for the information.it's been really really useful to me
well.. AMD dual core are way more expensive and i can't afford it.

Back
Top Bottom