CPU usage problem

yes my dear friend check the fan try changing it with an other fan or trying fitting it again and use a good antivirus to remove viruses use panda cloud antivirus that i think is very good at detecting viruses.

An improperly seated fan would not cause high usage. Neither should a new Motherboard...

I'm going to side with malware. I know you said that you reformatted 3x, but that doesn't mean much with Windows Kernel 6.0+ (Vista up). If a virus was able to make its way into the kernel files, then you're never really getting rid of it when you reformat. Windows, during the installation process, will scan the drive (even after a "format") to find kernel files and re-use them if found.

Download all the drivers you need, and your favorite anti-virus.

Get DBAN and run the quick erase option to ensure that Windows won't re-use old kernel files (will take some time to complete).

Without plugging the PC into an internet connection, reinstall Windows and all of your drivers. Then install antivirus, then plug in your ethernet and only update Windows.
Then perform a full scan with your antivirus, and probably MalwareBytes too, just to be safe.

The thing is why would it act up after I switched out the motherboard I'm thinking combaility issues or my CPU is minnuim

Not entirely sure what you meant right there...

Did you install the Motherboard drivers? Remove the old drivers?

CPU usage wouldn't get spiked due to incompatibility. It could certainly slow things down when you run them, but idling shouldn't cause that.

The CPU should only process commands sent from Windows and running programs. The motherboard isn't going to send thousands of commands to the CPU just because it doesn't like the way it looks. Silly expression, but you get what I'm saying.

While I doubt it's a driver issue, it's not entirely impossible either. I've seen stranger stuff happen.

Did you reinstall Windows after the motherboard upgrade?

So it shouldn't be a driver issue... but then again the only way to be entirely sure is to run the DBAN proggy to wipe the drive clean and force Windows to start from scratch.

You really think it's a windows issue like that

To be honest, without sitting in front of it and diagnosing it, I really don't know what it is based on the above (Not to say you're not explaining it properly, just an odd issue that requires some digging).

In my mind, I'm thinking Malware, but I've been wrong before. And based on your series of events that you've described, it could be any number of odd issues.

I suggested the above mentioned process simply because it is the best way to rule out anything software/driver related completely (less undocumented conflicts with that particular mobo/chip, however unlikely).

The conflict hypothesis is extremely unlikely, although not impossible, simply because your chip is processing some kind of instructions sent by some software program. A hardware conflict would produce blue screens or some kind of other failure, not idle usage.

Anyone else's opinion that's posted here is just as valid as mine because that is a very odd issue indeed given the history of events. If it were me, however, I would wipe it clean considering that you're not too far into an install to really lose much.

So in short; No, I don't believe it to be a Windows issue as described above, but considering the current state of install as described, you're not losing much time to [almost] completely rule out anything software related.

Did you try going to the "processes" tab and see what's eating up the CPU?

You may also want to check the "resource monitor" under "performance". It shows things "processes" don't show. I hope it is not "system interrupts".

Ur right I pwn I don't have much to loose and seeing it looks like it's my only option and yea system inturupts had jumped to 20

Back
Top Bottom