CPU Usage Cycling from 50-100% Like a Yo Yo

golfdesigner2

Beta member
I am running a Dell Dimension E510 with 2G RAM and Windows XP Pro SP3.
After I reboot the PC, it seems that some process or program is running and cycling. So I look at Task Manager>Performance and the graph is bouncing like a yo-yo. It registers anywhere from 50-100% and just keeps going.

I am running McAfee Security Suite from Comcast. I have SpyBot S&D 1.6 and PC Tools - Spyware Dr. running in the background. I have run malwarebytes' Anti-malware and Adaware Personal.

It is pretty frustrating, as I try to do something the PC hesitates, no processing power for a second or two, so as I type, sometimes my typing is 3-4-5 words ahead of what is showing on screen. I know I don't type that fast.

I do have an HP C7280 All-in-one, and the HP Digital Imaging Monitor is running in the task tray.

Any Ideas?

If you go to the processes tab in task manager you can see what process is doing that, click the cpu column twice to make the highest usage processes show at the top.

Which one is doing it?

It looks like teatimer.exe is using the most, but several others, and they are hard to track are bouncing around quite a bit.

teatimer.exe is Spybot S&D's tool i believe right?

If it is I would suggest disabling teatimer since you already have McAfee security suite. The might be conflicting with each other. See if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom