CPU Upgrade ?

arrowshooter

Solid State Member
I am thinking about upgrading my Celeron to a Pentium 4. My current CPU is a Celeron 340 which is 2.93 ghz with a 533 buss and 256 cache. I am considering upgrading to a Pentium 4 3.4 ghz with a 800 bus and 1,000 cache which my board will handle.

Here is my question: Will I notice any difference with a "faster" CPU? I am not a gamer. I write letters, do spread sheets, go online, ect. Nothing big. Just figured since my MB could handle it, I would get one. Thanks.

you will notice a big increase. i had a celeron and went to a p4 and it is a huge defference

Yea, core 2 duo, or even core 2 quads are cheap enough to be a great investment nowadays. Although if you're budget is really tight P4 had some great product lines

Yeah they have some great deals on C2D and C2Q right now I would look into one of those over the P4 if your Motherboard is compatible....

You will see a big difference in load up and shutdown times and also when you load the programs they will come up quicker....If you use microsoft excel for spreadsheets you will notice a difference switching between pages and making graphs and such also...Typing on a word processor really isnt going to be much of a difference other than loading times for the programs but overall your computer will run faster....Also you may need to update your BIOS in order for the new CPU to run correctly....

Back
Top Bottom