CPU temperature

MikeReiner

Golden Master
CPU: P4 505 prescott 2.66ghz LGA775
right now as I type this, the cpu temperature is 63C.
if I start multitasking or doing anything heavy, the temperature gets up to the 70s, 80s, and lower 90s even.
I'm useing the stock intel fan, and the paste that came with it is kinda messed up.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835128008
So I ordered this fan... can I get an opinion from anybody about this?... :rolleyes:

i've heard from a few friends that arctic silver 5 kicks ass, so i'll give that a shot.

No. I think I was being stupid.
took the cpu fan/heatsync off a couple of times, and dididn't have any thermal paste to replace the crappy stock pad.
but once I get some paste and the gigabyte fan, it should make a BIG difference.

Pentium 4 processors reduce it's life spectancy if you go over 70/75c.
Even Semprons that run up to 90c, suffer from 'lower 90s'...

i'm hoping with the new cpu fan and thermal paste that I can get it to a more acceptable temp, like 65 or so on full load...

I bought some Arctic silver 5.
I put a small amount on top of the cpu, and put the heatsync/fan back on.
I turned on the computer, went straight to the bios setup, and checked pc health, it was reading 88C and rising.. so I immediatly turned it back off...
...eh
Maybe I really should wait for my new fan.
Any thoughts?

My thoughts are... wait for your new fan :p lmao

I don't see how taking the fan off & on again messes it up that much though... I've taken mine off a buncha times, and it's at a nice 65-70 degrees! Even when taking on the heavy load :p

Well... There's my 2 cents, i gotta take a #2... ttyl! lol

ha. :p
ok well, i'll just wait for the new fan, clean the thermal paste off of the cpu, then put some more on.
that should help it out.

Back
Top Bottom