Cpu Temp

Max25591

Baseband Member
K 400 A Soltek M/B
2800+ AMD
350 PSU
4 IDE drives

Hi all,

CPU temp is reading 54 at rest and 61 at full load. This seems high. I have addded a front and rear fan, and got a new heat sink but it still stays the same. I upgraded to a decent heat sink when i upgraded to th 2800+ as the old heat sink was no where near up to the job. Has anyone else suffered with this prob? If so what steps did you take to sort it.

Many thanks,

Max

Just for a referance...

I know you have an AMD cpu but you have 4 drives on that and can cause a problem like the one I had.
Read this thread with your setup in mind. Pay close attention to post #11. Also I don't think lurkswithin or per either one would mind helping you out on this. We're colabarating on what I'm doing to resolve mine.

lol!!!, but why didnt the cpu temp go down? if you change the heatsink it should drop. unless theres no air flow through ur case and the heat cant go anywhere, try taking off the side of ur case for a while

There is an update to the IT gaurdian. Temp readings may be off and not reading true. Go to soltek and download the newer version.

sorry... thanks for the help... i was out all evening.

As for the change of heat sink... i never actually tried the old one... it was running on a 800Mhz chip... so i thought... IM NOT EVEN TRYING that on my new 2800+! so i got the new one... which is good i believe. cost enough!

So once again some folk say that these temps are ok... and some say that i should still try and reduce the temp.

At the end of the day it isnt critical just yet, as if it were my system would be crashing... but it would be nice to know that the system will be good for a few more years before it dies... and thats the real issue.

I checked with AMD related web sites.. and the temps suggested are 40 - 50.
Im just not sure what to think

Thanks for the help though... sorry i didnt respond sooner

Max

i have suffered this problem with every cpu i have had in this machine.
AMD 1gig AMD 2200+ AMD2600+ and now AMD3000+ and everytime they get to the 60 something degrees mark the shutdown. so i always buy a lot bigger fan and heatsink. now i have a fan for a 3400+.but it still run around 52'c and i still thought this was a little hot. So i installed two 80mm case fans in the back of my system and the cpu temp is a constant 40 degrees hardly ever fluctuates only if its really doing some major work which in that often lol it may goto 42 degrees it most.
but it just goes to show its not always the cpu heatsink and fan it could just be the general system temp

Back
Top Bottom