cpu temp

Having a fancy cooler doesnt allow u to say they are cooler!

well tried the temp at stock 2600+, and it was still around 47cel idle and when i started burning some stuff it went to 55cel...

if i add a few case fans, does that help cool the cpu down? i think the heat in the room also contributed to it...

wow, do you even know how to seat a heatsink! OMG 47! *laughs*

Just saying, those temps. Seems like you dont. couple of things THERMAL COMPOUND and BIOS UPDATE

No, with temps like that doesn't mean it isn't set properly, it could mean a whole lot of things... i have seen those temps on other posts as well.. and also have checked the the heatsink, it fits properly and fan is working fine...

probably will need to get the arctic silver...

i'll check the bios update as well... thanks

OneWizard said:
that's what i have heard...that AMD chips run hotter than Intel's..

i thought the Jet7+ fan is a very good cooling unit?

will cooling the case better (that is adding fans) make the cpu run at lower temps?

i'm going to try and run my cpu at the stock 2600 and see what the temps are tonight and see if the oc has caused it to increase in temp...

I'd say keep the Jet7+ fan and just add cooling within the case.....The best set up is two fans in the back of case blowing out, one fan on the roof of the case also blowing out, and then one fan sucking air in at the front of case..... Also remeber this, keeping a case open prevents your case from cooling properly.....always keep your case close....

thanks crysalis, i didn't know keeping the case open is not good...

last night because of the cool weather, the cpu went down to 50cel under load, so the temps before were also due to room temp.

i'll be adding a few fans in the pc for sure... does it matter what sort of fans you add? i know my case allows for only two fans at the back...

What form of cooling have u got on top of your CPU? And also what is the multiplyer on you CPU? 280Mhz FSb is quite high. that may require a high voltage

i have the coolermaster Jet7+ HSF. FSB is set at 200mhz...

Basically have it at 11x multiplier and 200Mhz... i haven't increased any voltage on the cpu but it sits around 1.7v standard..

Back
Top Bottom