CPU Running at 100% need help plz!!!

DBosu17

Solid State Member
I have been trying to work on my dad's computer and it still is running at snale pace i have pretty much cleaned everything, but when i hit ctrl + alt+ Delete it still says that the cpu is running at 100% i am about to go insane! please if anyone has any ideas please help me...also there are zero programs running in my taskbar but there are quite a few processes. Thanks.

DB

go to processes in the task manager, and see what programs are running the cpu soo high. Then go to the search and find out what the are, if there not important programs, then close them, and delete them, or make sure they dont start up.

ya, go to run, then type in msdiag then go to start up, and uncheck EVERY BOX there is, none of the start up things are needed

I'd reboot, do a disk cleanup, then go and get the beta Microsoft Antispyware. It could be a spyware causing your CPU to get cranked up.
Also how long has it been since you did a good disk defragmentation?

about 10 min ago it finished defraging...so none of the startup things are needed even the Windows files and stuff?

you will see in the processes part it should say System, your user name, local service, and network service. Close those that you dont need under the User name. make sure you know what they are.

Some startup files might be needed, but there are almost always ones you don't need that have been loaded at some point. However, with msconfig, you can reenable them later...

Your best bet is to try what others have also said, and check what's using all the power in task manager. If you can close that and it solves it, try to find what program that was, then work on uninstalling it

ya, and the files that ARE needed to start up, windows will automatically re enable em when u start the comp :)

yo its probly some krap in your regi i had the same prob and when I got rid of the spyware/adaware it was fix although ad-aware SE and Spyware Doctor didnt get rid of it you have to look in windows for like umm Elitebar32 or something and Elitegra32

Back
Top Bottom