CPU and RAM Help!!!!

dannybracken

Beta member
Hello all,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 with a Intel Celeron M 520 Processor and two 512 sticks of RAM installed from stock.

From what I have researched online I have the idea that the CPU socket is an M.
Is this correct?
Also can anybody suggest a newer, more powerful CPU for this Laptop?

Info on the amount of RAM that this Laptop can handle would be helpful too.

Many Thanks. :thumb:

No one is going to be able to answer your questions, unless they have that same model laptop, and have worked on it.

Very few laptops have drop in replaceable processors. Most are soldered to the motherboard, and are only replaceable with extreme difficulty.

I suggest you go to Toshiba's website, and look up the specs on your model laptop, and you will find the answers to all of your questions.

Use crucial memory advisor scan it will tell you all you need to know about the ram and where to buy it including total Capacity available as for the processor it is an older make and would Personally buy a new laptop look at the Toshiba website and it should tell you what you can go up to I would be looking at an intel I3 I5 I7 or see what comes out next in windows 8 machines memory for this is low and is running XP which is well out of date.

Hope this helps you make a Decision

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com/uk

Kind Regards

As has been stated, most of the time you can't just drop a new processor into a laptop. You can however, add more memory. You might be better off looking into a new laptop though.

Back
Top Bottom