CPU and PSU fan stops but pc power on HELP!!

vivis_11

Beta member
Hi there...
I'm new to this guys, be easy on me please.
It has been three days now that I have been working on a funny problem on one of my friends' computer.

The problem is that at first, I could here the computer starting, the fans are running, could here the HD spinning but there was no image going o the monitor.
So I thought that the Video card was gone, so i replaced it with one of mine that I had here.... It did the same thing.

After, thinking it was the PSU, I changed it... same thing no image...
Unplugged everything but the hard drive to suck the less power from the PSU and it still did the same thing.

Changed the RAM... still the same thing

Now I changed the Motherboard with a brand new one.
I was able to start the PC, saw an image, but after about 5 to 10 minutes, the image goes away, the CPU and PSU fans just stopped but the power light is still on.
I rebooted and went in the setup, checked the CPU temp to see if it was going to high... went up to 62 deg. Celsius and did the same thing.

Does anybody have a clue what could be the problem?

Thanks in advanced
Ju.

Did you place adequate thermal compound/tape on the heatsink, after cleaning the old off? It doesn't seem that you did. If it's jumping way up to 62C, that's pretty warm. You could fry an egg on that thing. Clean all the old thermal compound off, and place new on. Only place a little more than a pin-drop, if using the tube compound. If using thermal tape, simply rub and go.

Thanks, i'lll try that.

I'm wondering why it did this before I changed everything though?

Ju

Maybe an improper ground. Check all your wires and fittings, make sure everything is secure.

Back
Top Bottom