CPU Problems

CompNoob1

Baseband Member
Hi
One problem i am having is that the temperature of the CPU continues increasing until the power is turned off.

I have tried reapplying the thermal paste and clearing the fan out, however the CPU temperature still increases.

Another problem i have is the keyboard does not work at the windows login screen. I have tired the other USB ports, but it makes no difference.
P.S

is it software that is telling you that your CPU is over heating or have you checked in the bios see if the temps are actually going up as for the keyboard have you tried a different one as you may need to install drivers for certain keyboards if you have windows 7 should be find once you boot up into the desktop plug it in and should find drivers on its own and install them for you.

My Computer specs are:

Motherboard: G41M-Combo
2GB DDR2 RAM
In built Graphics Card
Intel E8400 3GHz Core Duo
Coolermaster Exterme 640W PSU

not what im asking i saying are checking these temps in BIOS MENUS or software on the DESKTOP and also whats your OS windows 7 , vista , xp , 2000 , 98 ?

It is the BIOS that is telling me this.

I have tried the different keyboard and none made a difference.
I have tried to repair windows XP by running the installation cd, however this came across the error with the CPU overheating and turning off.

ok i would start over.

don't take this the wrong way but i would do fresh installation of windows xp
i would also look at a tutorial on youtube on cleaning CPU and the fan and reapply the thermalpaste u wanna get the CPU so it really shiny and apply a really small amount and spread it evenly across the CPU then apply the CPU cool fan hope this helps best bet though youtube tutorial

what is the temperature you got at the moment ?

ok thermalpaste issue need to really give a good clean and apply very thin later clean both CPU and heatsink/fan look on youtube for tutorial and you'll be fine pal.

Back
Top Bottom