CPU Overheating??¿

Snipergod87

Solid State Member
past few days my CPU has been hitting high temperatures (135°F, 142°F tops) and the fan has been spinning like crazy (4000+ Revs)
I have an Intel P4 540 (3.2ghz LGA 775) and stock Fan unit.
This hasnt happened to me before so i am at a loss what to do spend 40 bucks on a new fan or 8 bucks on more thermal?

should i be concerned.
btw i also hate the noise it makes at 4000 revs

maybe its the dust, cuz i have a 486 P4 3.2 prescott, and i was reaching temps of 154 Fahrenheit or 68 Celsius, so i gave it a good dusting, and now its back down at 48 Celsius at mid-use (internet, word, music etc.

yes give it all a good clean down, the dust does make some difference.which reminds me i havnt clen my fans out lately (all 9 of em :confused: ) hehe

computers only few monts old and not on floor and their is very little dust inside my case.. when i installed my new X800 XT PCIe today i removed heatsink to put new thermal on and removed old stuff. Used air in a can and blasted the heatsink and fan's on my computer.
I got CPU fan, VGU Fan, 2x Case fans, and a chipsetfan

mmmhhh, not rly sure then. are the temps definatly accurate or coul they be wrong in any way. im not too ure on the matter but it give a while longer and im sure plenty of the 'experts' will give you the help needed.

Temperature and fan speeds are accurate from ABIT EQ the Temp is going from on the CPU itsself also

sometimes certain stock intel stock units cooling limit may be 3.2ghz since it is its limit it could have a harder time cooling it down. Or it could since it has prescott core those run hot! but mini has one that runs cool.

Another possibility is what kind of case you have is it very air flow friendly?

lets see i got a
Raidmax A8 Aluminum 8-Bays Super Light Weight Case w/420W Power Supply
2 fans on it lower left side of the pannel
upgraded to a 500watt

yeah, case matters alot, and i don't know if my cooler is stock, i think its foxconn, but u can try downloading everest from www.lavalys.com just to make sure of the temps, and then if its the same, maybe ur only option is buying a new fan, oh, and what paste r u using

Back
Top Bottom