Cpu over temperature Error Need Help (half year problem)

dyloser

Beta member
There is nothing wrong with my cpu, fan, heatsink, bios. this problem started randomly one day. since then i changed my heatsink, the fan, and updated the bios. in my bios it says the temp is 100 degrees Celsius! however, my cpu is fine, i used a program in windows and it says my cpu temp is 32-35 Celsius. My motherboard is reading it wrong. i have this pc.

Newegg.com - Recertified: ASUS Essentio CM5571-BR003 Desktop PC Pentium E5400(2.70GHz) 6GB DDR3 750GB HDD Capacity Intel GMA X4500 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

the only thing i added was a power supply and a video card but the problem started before i added this things. is there anyways i can slow down the fan speed so it wont annoy the crap out of me. cause the only thing i hear is the fan that is working at 60-100%, its way to loud. before this problem, i never heard a single thing? since i tried everything... could this be a damaged cpu. if so how can it be?

You've already isolated it as the motherboard. I have a board at home that does the same thing - says the CPU temp is some outrageous number, but the CPU is cool to the touch. The best thing you can do is update the BIOS and see if that fixes it, or just get a different motherboard.

You can turn off the annoying fan problem by setting the thermal sensitivity higher, or by getting a heatsink that doesn't use the motherboard header to control the fan speed (thermal sensors are good, as are the manual fan speed you adjust yourself, though you can also add those in-line to existing heatsinks as well. )

A fan controller is a good solution if you have many fans to control, I didn't suggest it because I wasn't sure (at the time) it was a valid response, but niiko makes a good point. You can control multiple fans with it, and not just the CPU fan.

Back
Top Bottom