CPU Output

lostsoul62

Baseband Member
My CPU's output are at 0 if I'm not doing anything. when I make a video call with the webcam they are at about 60% and if I use my MagicJack phone with my webcam because I can't hear well they are at about 80% spiking at 100% and when that happens there is no sound for about 5 seconds. I thought I just had a bad internet but I'm wondering if I just have a bad computer? It's a dual 2.33 with 4 Gigs of RAM and a one Terebyte drive so it's not a slow computer.

Intel E6550 (Dual CPU) 2.33
Windows 7 (64 bit)
1 TB HD
RAM - 4 Gigs 6400
Video - EPCI 1 Gig
DSL 7 megs

Richard

Can you get us a screenshot of the hardware specs under the OS properties? We need a bit more detail on he specification to get a better understanding.

Sounds normal to me. Your CPU is a Dual Core Conroe based CPU, and they're good little CPUs for the office hermit or the casual gamer, but for video conferencing I'd have a hard time recommending the CPU to handle that kind of thing on a regular basis. The higher clocked Conroes are fine, but at 2.33 GHz you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. We have some 1.86 and 2.2's here at work and they have a hard time doing anything multimedia related.

It's just internet phone. Some work better than others. Do yer homework first about magicjack. I've read a lot of bad things about the tech and billing.

My dad has it, and we have one at work that we tinker with. It's fun, and if you don't need to rely on it for business class communications, it can work well if you're a cheapskate. ;)

Back
Top Bottom