CPU, Monitoring, Thermal

eesotereh

In Runtime
what are your opinions on Everest free ed. to get a true cpu temp reading?
If not everest, then what is some good freeware out there for the task?

My everest readings were this:
cpu: 31 c
mobo: 32 c

e6400 @ 2.13g
d946gz mobo

oh, thanks, thats nice to hear :)

the bios was telling me the cpu was @ 37 C. so i didnt know which one to believe lol pc's own bios or everest? its crazy huh :p

I don't know how low the intels run compared to AMD X2's, but those are pretty low. My CPU temp is the same with a huge voltage increase. What kind of cooling do you have?

yeah lhuser is right. my cpu cooler is stock. but my fan config is custom. i created a little setup in the chassis that did well for cooling my system nicely. either way the bios gave me 37 and everest gave me 31 for cpu temp, and either one looks good. of course id rather the everest be true or more accurate over the bios in this case lol

Well, typically, the BIOS readings are a little higher than in Windows idle because in the BIOS you're usually under a little load. When I cut mine on and go straight to where the temperatures are, they start at about 31 and quickly jump to around 38. So consider the BIOS to be your temperature under about 75% load (just a rough guesstimate).

ahh, good stuff. so it being around 37, 38 under BIOS which implicates a 75% load is not bad then! if i understand this correctly

somsto75 said:
ahh, good stuff. so it being around 37, 38 under BIOS which implicates a 75% load is not bad then! if i understand this correctly

Yeah, you got it. But remember, the percentage is nothing mathematically calculated, it's just my temperatures go a little higher than that under load in Windows (SuperPi, CSS, and stuff). I have no idea as to what the percentage is precisely.

Back
Top Bottom