Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-27-2004, 10:14 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Cpu And Mobo

ok i have a 2.7ghz intel celeron processor, i dont feel like upgrading the mobo since i just bought it, the motherboard is "AOpen AX4SPB-UN" i was wondering if with that motherboard i could put in this processor, the "INTEL - Pentium-4 3.2eGHZ, 1024K "Prescott" 800FSB S478" if i could that would be amazing because im looking into playing games now and i dont think my cpu is gunna run the games like it should. I'm buying a radeon 9800 128mb pro AIW and i want that card to not be bottle-necked by my cpu.

Looking at playing games at almost full everything if not full everything...games i wanna play are:
FAR CRY
HALF LIFE 2
DOOM 3
and a few others..cant think of them right now...any help would be appreciated

do you think this cpu is good enough? oo yea im also using 512mb ram

money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:16 PM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to DPNPaintballer Send a message via MSN to DPNPaintballer
Default Re: Cpu And Mobo

here is a hint, dont get celeron...

"I never did understand why companies add the feater "Gaming" to cases and desktops. It's like....this computer is 1,800...this one is 2,000 and has the same hardware but wait...it is a gaming computer so it must be worth it."--By CarpeNoctem
DPNPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:18 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

omfg i know, i knew this was gunna happen, i dont want your feedback about me having a celeron, i want your feedback about the question i asked. i didnt ask "hey everyone do u like my celeron, its the best chip ever!, why dont u criticize it" did i?
Old 12-27-2004, 10:26 PM   #4
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to DPNPaintballer Send a message via MSN to DPNPaintballer

dont freak out on me. all i said was dont get a celeron.

Anyways, i think all the stuff ur gonna get/ wanna get is gonna work out good .
"I never did understand why companies add the feater "Gaming" to cases and desktops. It's like....this computer is 1,800...this one is 2,000 and has the same hardware but wait...it is a gaming computer so it must be worth it."--By CarpeNoctem
Old 12-27-2004, 10:28 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

ok, lol sry i wasnt very happy its just i asked that question in a local forum and i got 5 pages of "AMD is this and AMD is that" it just pisses me off sometimes...oo btw can anyone figure out how fast of a processor i can stick onto my motherboard? the reason i ask is because a computer guy i know says 3.2ghz but another guy i know says 3.6ghz
Old 12-27-2004, 10:31 PM   #6
In Runtime

lol. i hate AMD. Im an Intel man. From what i kno about computers (and i kno the same amount of computers ad u kno quantim physics) is that Intel is good for gaming and AMD is for cheep gamers...
Old 12-27-2004, 10:35 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

lol im just getting into gaming, and u must know alot about computers since i have a degree in quantum physics
Old 12-27-2004, 10:41 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

oo btw would a 3.2ghz processor be good for gaming or would that still make a bottle-neck thing happen?
Old 12-27-2004, 10:56 PM   #9
xxcobraxx

money man aint being a dik but a celeron is shit 4 gaming its not how hi the GHZ IS AMD ATHLON AINT 4 CHEAP GAMERS PAINT BALLER U NOOB you dont no alot about computers since i read alot of post from you PENTIUM IS GOOD MULTI-TASK, AMD IS BETTER 4 GAMING,MONEY MAN JUST GO OUT N BUY A GOOD MOBO WITH A SOCKET 939 AND A AMD ATHLON 64Bit 3200+ OR 3000+ THEN BUT THEN GET A 120 SATA HDD THAT WILL BOOST YOUR PERFORMANCE A BIT AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST A GOOD G'CARD
Old 12-28-2004, 01:18 AM   #10
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man
lol im just getting into gaming, and u must know alot about computers since i have a degree in quantum physics
o... lol. I didnt kno u had a degree in quantum physics. Then i kno just the same amount of info on computers as u kno computers.