CPU help.

tmorales509

Solid State Member
Hi, i was lookin to upgrade my cpu and was wondering if this one i was lookin at would work. Here is the specs of my board.

Motherboard description Motherboard manufacturer's name: Pegatron M2N68-LA
HP/Compaq name: Narra5-GL6

CPU/Processor Socket: AM2+
Supports the following processors:
AMD Phenom II Quad-Core
AMD Phenom II Triple-Core
AMD Phenom Quad-Core (Agena core) 9xxx series (AM2+)
AMD Phenom Triple-Core (Toliman core) 8xxx series (AM2+)
AMD Athlon X4
AMD Athlon X3
AMD Athlon X2 (Brisbane) (AM2+)

Now i see where it says it supports those processors but does it have to be those exact ones or as long as its a AM2+? This is the one i was lookin at.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103711

Now another question, that says it does not include a heatsink or fan, can i just use the one thats on my computer now or do i have to by a specific one for that processor?

Well im not too sure, i just bought this computer from best buy like 2 weeks ago but it came with just a sempron 2.3 and i wanted to get a better processor. Not sure what kinda heatsink it has.

I dont have a camera on me but i found these stock photos on google images, this is the same exact thing i got.

20090819829125066515014.jpg

001951400.jpg

If you buy one and plan on reusing the same heatsink though, remember to get some good thermal paste :)

Actually, that heatsink will not work well.

The Standard phenom heatsink is much larger, has more fins, which are thinner, a copper core, and heatpipes, and the CPU is still hot.. I would not recommend use that oem thingy on it. It will be extremely hot.

Actually, that heatsink will not work well.

The Standard phenom heatsink is much larger, has more fins, which are thinner, a copper core, and heatpipes, and the CPU is still hot.. I would not recommend use that oem thingy on it. It will be extremely hot.

I was thinking the same thing, but I kept my mouth shut since I'm not very familiar with the Phenom II's :p

Back
Top Bottom