Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #11
In Runtime

Default Re: CPU and GPU Combo (What's most popular?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105
I must say though, my current system just seemed to get a little more stable when I put a Nvidia card in it.
i think nvidia is just more stable regardless...i see a lot less happening with them in the issue of errors and melt downs...minus the 7900GT card..

Words of Wisdom:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
You really have no idea what you're talking about, don't you?
dorfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

They are all great together! With the correct combination that is..

joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

i'm running nVidai and AMD and i wouldn't change it.
Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anubis1980 Send a message via Yahoo to Anubis1980

Ive always had AMD pcs, well not always i once had a 486 sx 25 intel, but hey does that count ive always prefered them and think they out perform Intels, especially when u consider the price difference! Intel have gained some ground back tho recently, But thinking about it, the only reason ive ever bought AMD is that ive always been on a budget up until recently and i cud never afford an Intel chip. As for the gfx, im an NVIDIA fan. only ever had one ATI and that blew up.
Anubis1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to THEpiGUY

I'm mostly an AMD guy, mainly because I've never really been fond of dual-core anyway, and my AMD keeps me at 75FPS at the lowest in all the games that I play; if it is lower, it's because I have all the settings all the way up while running a (1) 7800GT: it's the video card holding me back from maxed settings. 75Hz is my monitor's maximum refresh rate, so anything beyond that is completely unnecessary. Sure, the Intel Core 2 Duos would get me tons and tons of FPS maybe and better benchmark scores, but I honestly couldn't care about that. Someone's always gonna have a better benchmark score unless I hit the lottery and buy a million dollar computer, then overclock it like mad. Maybe I'll sell my computer and get a dual-core computer once they actually start getting some good programs/games that use them, because by then there will be much better CPUs on the market, and everything else will be considered obsolete.

And as for NVIDIA/ATI, though I used to be an NVIDIA guy, now all I really want is best bang for the budget. I guess you could say that I'm more towards NVIDIA because I've got a 7800GT in my computer and am really pleased with it thus far, but I may upgrade soon whenever I get the money, if I get the money. And I don't really have a preference as to company, but I'll go with EVGA because that's what I have.

I think I've decided to leave... maybe I'll come back sometime.
THEpiGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #16
Daemon Poster

I like Intel, and ATI's new stuff is crazy. Their dual x1900gtx beat out nVidia's quad-sli 7900gtx, and their r600 looks even more promising.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

All I have to say is, wait for AMD and nVidia's new stuff. It should be no surprise to anyone when the 'other' company releases a better part. It's always going to be a power struggle. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and say that AMD will most likely hold out on quad-cores, not to be the first, but to stomp intel's design into the ground since the current C2D is far superior to their current AM2 solutions. We'll see if my prediction holds true in the near future I suppose.

D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote