which CPU to get

One thing that I learned when I was building my PC, is that you can wait 4ver! Waiting for price drops waiting for new things...etc The Q6600 has been around for a long time now and the $189 price tag on newegg is a good deal for it! Its a great Quad!

Man up and get! dont wait!

i would get a quad now, but i just dont have the money.
I have $220 right now, and about to get $145 for the gigabyte i returned if the RMA gets approved. which totals me to $365. and i need a CPU, Motherboard, PSU, and Case.
All those cost about $50+ each. The motherboard i am planning to get is the XFX 680i LT Sli for $100, a PSU for about $80, and a case which is another $80, which totals me to $260, which leaves me with $105, and its less than how much the quad cost. I might get a cheap PSU and case for $100, but only if the PSU is good, the PSU comes with the case.
which then leaves me $180, which is still not enough. I am trying to sell my Laptop HDD for $60, and 4800+ Cpu for $40, and its taking awhile to be sold, its listed at craigslist though.

EDIT - hmmm, seems like AMD got a price drop recently, now when is it going to be Intel's turn? unless they already went down in price.

I just bought the Q6600 not too long ago! Well, like you, I play a lot of games too. It depends on just what you play. After spending a long time researching all of this. I learned that not all games fully utilize the Q6600, yet. Unless you're playing Crysis. But I would recommend getting the Q6600 because they overclock to high levels easily and will be utilized more in a short time. Even though the dual core processor would be good for you now. The Q6600 should make sure you don't have to upgrade for a while. I hope I helped!

ill try, but then that means i will have to go with a cheaper PSU for a temp for about half a year or until i get enough money.
So lets see.
Case+PSU (Xion II with PSU) = $50
Motherboard (XFX 680i LT Sli) = $100
CPU (Q6600) = $180
Total = $330 X .081 (tax) = $357
hmm....

Well, if you order from Newegg you don't get charged any tax. Unless you live in California or two other states. RIght now, I only have money for the processor, which I already bought. I got the Q6600! I'm excited to try it out. Sadly I won't get to for a month or so. I still have to buy a motherboard, RAM, a case, and a power supply. Here is some helpful advice.

1) IF you buy an somewhat expensive computer case, you usually get a good power supply, free with it. Saving you at least 40 or more dollars depending on the cost of the case and the power supply. But, you will save a good amount of money.
2) Look on Newegg and TigerDirect for motherboard AND cpu deals. There are many deals that contain the Q6600 processor. I decided to go only with the processor because I don't have enough money for both and I didn't want to pass this offer up.

Where are you buying your motherboard from? The specs look very nice on it. I just might buy one myself. =)

Back
Top Bottom