which CPU to get

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
i dont know which CPU to get, either a Dual Core, or a Quad Core.
Should i choose the E7200 or Q6600?
i could go with the E7200, while i will have to wait till theres a price drop of the Q6600.
I want a CPU to play games, i want it to be good till around summer of next year.
Theres a chance i will OC since i got a Vendetta 2 HSF, and dont want to put that to waste, and that the intel can OC easier and better than AMD.

EDIT -
which one is better to SLI 8800GT?

hmm, looks like i will be sticking with my Pentium D a little longer, since it seems like the C2Q will only have a price drop when the Nehalem comes out, unless i found some extra money lying around.
Think the Q6600 will be near $110-$120 by december?

I think that by the time four cores will really be needed for games, we will have much faster quads (or more) than the Q6600.

AKA the Nehalem?
so should i just go for the Dual Core E7200 now instead of waiting till i get enough money/ price drop?

How long did it take for the Dual core to be in games when it came out. I think my 4800+ was made in 2005, and i didnt really see any dual core till late 2006, unless i am wrong.

just wait for a holiday sale, they just had a Q6600 and an ECS NF7050 motherboard on sale at Frys over the Labor Day weekend for $150, incredible deal, especially if you already have a decent motherboard and can swap the Q6600 into it and use the swapped out cpu on the ECS for an HTPC or something else that won't be overclocked...

just make sure to research the motherboard in these combo deals, some of them (like the ECS in the combo above) aren't overclocker friendly...

One thing that I learned when I was building my PC, is that you can wait 4ver! Waiting for price drops waiting for new things...etc The Q6600 has been around for a long time now and the $189 price tag on newegg is a good deal for it! Its a great Quad!

Man up and get! dont wait!

i would recommend getting the dual, as a lot of programs and games don't yet address the full "Quad" capabilities.
I am running the E8400 and it runs amazingly well. i play all my games without any lag or hang ups at all...and i can run many many programs and windows at the same time and experience smooth running.

But ofcourse, if you want to stay up to date...go with the Q6600...but it costs abit more ofcourse.

Back
Top Bottom