CPU fan question. Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro

pitbull30

Baseband Member
CPU fan question. Arctic cooling freezer 64 pro

I just installed one of these on my AMD quad core. When I boot up I get an error that says "CPU fan speed low". I hit enter to ignore the message and let it boot. When I check the fan speed it says "1000 rpm". Right now as I type this it says 1300rpm and 43 degrees celsius. It is a very hot day out here as well. outside it is 100 degrees.

Does this sound right? I assume I can disable the error message or change the fan settings in the BIOS? This is a ASUS mobo.

Thanks

I could be wrong on this, so feel free to correct me.

The AC 7 Pro has a PWM fan that, when plugged into a PWM CPU connector, will ramp up in the event of elevated CPU temps. From their website, it looks like the fan on the Freezer is capable of 2500 RPMs. Like you said, you may be able to change fan speeds in the BIOS or disable the message. I'd dig around and see what you can find in the BIOS.

Re: CPU fan question. Arctic cooling freezer 64 pro

Oops I goofed. This is the Freezer 64 fan. Its this one from newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185125

It says it has a "PWM chip" however when I installed it I connected the connector to the "CPU fan" plug not the PWM connector.

I believe you are right though because right now the fan speed is in the 1400's and at the same temp. I just never had a CPU fan low error message so I thought I may have received a bad cooler.

Back
Top Bottom