CPU Fan not working. NEED HELP!!

Ocelot said:
CPU temp of 50F is chilly, even if you meant 50C, thats still fine.
still no fan though :confused:

i even tried putting another fan in, still got nothing. is there somthing in the BIOS?

Are you sure you're plugging the power plug into the right slot on the motherboard? CPU fans have these two thin wires that usually go right into a slot nearby the socket. Sometime, they come with adapters where you can also plug directly into the power supply unit.

ISOwner said:
Are you sure you're plugging the power plug into the right slot on the motherboard? CPU fans have these two thin wires that usually go right into a slot nearby the socket. Sometime, they come with adapters where you can also plug directly into the power supply unit.
im plugging it in the exact spot it told me too. it cant go in any other way. :confused:

PuNkY said:
still no fan though :confused:

i even tried putting another fan in, still got nothing. is there somthing in the BIOS?

does the cpu fan plug into the front panel controller...? does the front panel controller have a power plug...? maybe it's (the front panel fan controller) not getting any juice...?

well i thought that same thing but i tried an old fan from my dell (which i know works) and still nothing.

well, i think your fan controller is bad on your motherboard.. but thats just me.. id RMA that thing.......

bullzi said:
well, i think your fan controller is bad on your motherboard.. but thats just me.. id RMA that thing.......
is there any way i test the fan? i just want to make sure that works too.

Fans themselves usually work most of the time. You can always test for continuity by using a voltmeter :p. Plug both leads onto the pins and see if there's a readout.

Back
Top Bottom