CPU fan and heat vent lock clamps snapped?

steel2

Solid State Member
My little sisters CPU fan and heat vent thingy on her pc, have two metal clamps that keep it in place (like all pcs), well somehow she managed to snap two of the plastic grips that the clamps clamp onto on one of the sides, there appers to be no damage aside from this, i was wondering if its possible to mend these plastic bars that the clamps clamp to, perhaps with some glue? Until i can fix this for her, she is without a computer. I would really REALLY appreciate ANY advice you guys can offer, thanks
cesare(steel2) :(

This acctualy happend to my friend in a way. He just used supa glue...worked for him but i cant say it'll work for all.

Well, first check to be sure the processor is ok. If that broke, there could be more damage. A scratch on the motherboard, processor overheating(which happens almost instantly without a heatsink, so be sure it's on there!)

Superglue might work, but I'd look to see if it has those holes for larger heatsinks to be added. Many newer boards do. That way you don't even have to bother with the old clamps.

If you can't do this, and you must use that old motherboard, I'd try to glue it then try and find some adhesive thermal grease to help keep the HS down...

You can go buy a 3rd party heatsink/fan. They're usually better than stock one anyways...

ya, i was thinking i could maybe glue it, there dosent seem to be any damage to the board or the chip, i'll see wat i can do, thanks you guys

Back
Top Bottom