CPU Error Message. Please Help.

lee42lee

Baseband Member
I need a little help. About a week ago I took my wifes computer apart to clean it and now I and getting a error message during start up. The message is,

"CPU is unworkable or has been changed. Please recheck-CPU Soft MENU"

I can then hit the F1 key and the system starts and runs fine. I did not take the CPU out when I cleaned it but I did remove the fan. Can someone help me out please.

If you reset the CMOS your BIOS should auto re-detect your CPU. To do that there is usually a jumper somewhere on your motherboard inside your computer next to the CMOS battery. If you built this computer from scratch; then post the motherboard make and model and I can help you find it.

If you bought the computer from gateway or dell or another manufacturer call up their tech service, (i know pain in the butt), and explain the problem and ask where the jumper is to reset the CMOS.

That should do the trick!

Yes I built the computer about three years ago. The main board is a Abit IC7-G. Thanks for the help.

You can either reset the CMOS as mayorredbeard has suggested, or you can simply enter the BIOS at boot and recheck the settings. Normally, that will do the trick with the error message.

abit_board_big.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>its the battery right underneath the RAM slots there /\

hehe

Back
Top Bottom