cpu core temps are too high

stiles1

Baseband Member
when i check the temps on my comp when playing games, they are about average, but the processor core temps are dangerousely high. what should i do to lower them? i'm planning on replacing the heatsink in a week or two would that help with the core temps?? but the regular processor temp doesn't seem dangerouse

don't know how to post the picture, but anyways

processor temp will at max get up to 40-50's but
processir temp (core 1)and (core 2) in 70's

One out of three isn't bad, could you answer my questions please.

• What are you reading the temps with?
  • What processor is it? (obviously dual core but which one)
  • What are you using to cool the cpu at present?
  • Have you cleaned any dust build up from the fans?
  • How is your case cooling? (what is your fan setup?
70°C is not good.

To post a pic you need to host it online at Imageshack or similar then paste the URL into your post using the "Insert Image" button (the yellow one on the formatting toolbar in the post reply window)

reading it with pc wizard 2008

INTEL Core 2 Duo E6750

right now stock heatsink but thinking of getting
ZALMAN CNPS9500
or
ZALMAN CNPS9700

shouldn't have dust because everything is a few weeks old not even

case cooling is antec ninehundred and because of the temps i turned all my fans on high and going to buy the two aditional optional ffans to help out anyway possible

Can you do a reading with coretemp beta, post the results of both idle and load.

CoreTemp d/load

Nice case, the Zalman 9700 has a fan mate fan controller iirc, the 9700NT runs from the m/board (no fan controller)

Being a reasonably new pc I'd expect the temps to be lower than the ones you've stated even on stock cooling, did you mount the cpu? If so what thermal compound (TIM) did you use? have you checked to ensure none of the (stupid) push pins has come undone? (they have a bad habit of doing that)

i think one of the pins did come undone
should i take the whole thing off and put it back on or just fix that one pin

Do you have any paste? best to reseat it really, there would be foreign matter in there by now (probably not a major I'm just fussy)

It would probably be OK just clipped down if you have no TIM.

Keep an eye on the temps, if they don't go down then reapply the TIM and remount the cpu cooler.

i'm gonna run to check otua local computer store warehouse i heard was real good if they have the zalman i'll prob get it so i don't have to worry about the stock fan since i wanna upgrade anyway. go with the 700 not the 500?

Back
Top Bottom