CPU cooler for Overclocking?

Thelis

Golden Master
Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are avid overclockers. Which CPU coolers do you use, and what is currently considered top of the line?

Thanks.

top of my head that was listed in the top 10 when i was lookin for one was the 'true extreme' 'dark knight' ' 'thors hammer' 'cooler master v8 or v10'

I didnt list them in any particular order.

I have the TRUE 120 1366 RT. It's too good to be true. I was never a fan of Thermalright until I bought one of their products.

ThermalTake 775D. Doesn't sound or look like a very good cooler from the price, but if you have a cone from an 80mm on the side panel of your case it cools really well. It kept my Q66 @ 3.2 idle at ~27-28C with the AC keeping the house at 72F (~22 C).

Good question, Worship.
Is this for S-AM2/AM3? S775/ S1366?

The Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is the best air cooler available. Is this for i7?

Yeah man, my father isn't comfortable with WC, so I need something to cool his 920.

I guess I'm getting the Thermalright Ultra 120.

What types of temps should I hope for? I'm hoping to keep it under 65 C.

Yeah man, my father isn't comfortable with WC, so I need something to cool his 920.

I guess I'm getting the Thermalright Ultra 120.

What types of temps should I hope for? I'm hoping to keep it under 65 C.

I used to hit 30C on idle and around 65C-70C on a 3.8Ghz overclock. Let me know if you want to get mine. I still have the original packing and mine comes with the retention bracket, fan holder and fan. I'm going water, so I really don't need it.

Back
Top Bottom