cpu is being stupid

BIGBLUE1212

Baseband Member
I have a 2600+ overclocked and i've had no troubles with it. Then I reformatted my computer and its been really slow.....I checked all my voltages and clocks and everything is where it should be. I was getting 691 cpu marks in 3dmark03 and now im only getting 491.....and i was getting over 7000 in pcmark02 but now im getting 5500.....my temperatures never exceed 49 celcius under a full load so i dont understand what happened. I'm operating at 2.3ghz and im running like im operating at 1.8ghz

Welcome to CF (despite the grim circumstances) I am going to move this thread to the Computer Technology and Questions area for you so you can get some answers, and then I myself will try to help you out.

Oh sry, here I am. I believe the problem right be in the fact that you erased the drivers for the AMD. If your motherboard drivers are not correct, it will not allow the AMD to run at full speed (artificially speaking) Without the correct drivers, the PC cannot run without delay in "talking" to the Motherboard more then it would if the matching drivers were implemented. Download the most recent drivers for your motherboard and see what comes of it.

to tell you the truth i did put in a new bfg 6800 oc when i reformatted....could that have anything to do with it.....i mean my chipset runs on nforce 2 drivers so everything should be fine.....i had a 9600xt before and everything ran superfaster (cpu wise) and now im having problems

Hmm, it might be that the 6800 OC Ed is bottlenecking that old Processor. Those newer video cards are really made for nForce3 with AMD64's. They will work on nForce2 Ultra and 250 just fine, but they might bottleneck that old CPU a bit, and thus you lose performance just a bit. Try putting 9600XT back in and see what happens.

how would something that is faster bottle neck my system and i plugged in my other card and its still doing it!

Back
Top Bottom