a couple of questions

dan_man

Beta member
hi im Daniel and im new to the forums. anyway i want to know if i buy a new powersupply does it matter the amount of watts it has, like can i go to the shop and buy any power supply? and i am wanting to buy a clear side pannel for my acer computer, am i able to get one for my computer or do i need to buy a whole new case? and if i buy a blue neon light where do i connect it, is there spare power ports on the motherboard?

thank you for your help guys :)

yes, it matters how many watts, and also watt u have.

if u have a bare min. machine just for internet, get a low psu, like 200-300

if u have a crysis maxing machine, ull need something like a 800-1500watt

anyway i want to know if i buy a new powersupply does it matter the amount of watts it has, like can i go to the shop and buy any power supply?
It depend entirely on your components, so could you list your full specs, please?
and i am wanting to buy a clear side pannel for my acer computer, am i able to get one for my computer or do i need to buy a whole new case?
You could try and find a clear panel for your particular model of case, but it would probably just be easier to buy a new case like you said. Make sure it takes an ATX motherboard.
and if i buy a blue neon light where do i connect it, is there spare power ports on the motherboard?
Yes, there are. On the motherboard there are 3 pin connectors and the PSU has 4 pin molex connectors.
if u have a crysis maxing machine, ull need something like a 800-1500watt
No, you don't. Most high-end overclocked machines don't consume more than 400W at full load anyway.

Welcome to Cf Dan_man

EmoticonWelcomeBanner.gif

No, you don't. Most high-end overclocked machines don't consume more than 400W at full load anyway.

but you will still want to have a bigger power supply due to the power supply never having 100% efficiency and you don't want to be running your psu at a huge load all the time.

But anyway, for any single video card system 600w should be enough.

ok thanks. but if i bought one that has high number of wats like 800 watts and i use it say on a really basic computer, will it fully damage everything?

ok thanks. but if i bought one that has high number of wats like 800 watts and i use it say on a really basic computer, will it fully damage everything?

no it wont damage anything,

but what everyone will tell you here is say if your going to spend £50 on as PSU

and theres 2 options 800W PSU or 500W PSU get the 500 because i can almost gurantee its going to be more reliable in the long run,

look for brand names thats the key.

hi im Daniel and im new to the forums. anyway i want to know if i buy a new powersupply does it matter the amount of watts it has, like can i go to the shop and buy any power supply? and i am wanting to buy a clear side pannel for my acer computer, am i able to get one for my computer or do i need to buy a whole new case? and if i buy a blue neon light where do i connect it, is there spare power ports on the motherboard?

thank you for your help guys :)

Always have room for expansion. Get a little more than what is needed to run what you have now. Just in case you add some thing later than would up the power requirements. I got my hands on a 600 watt for $119.00. CoolerMaster. My Antec is the He500. 500 watts for under $100.00.
The main thing you want to look at is the amps per rail. 20 to 30 is good for the 12 volt rails. And modular is very nice. If you don't need a cable, don't use it. Makes it easier to stealth wires.
As for the lights you'll be sorry if you plug any thing but a fan in to a power connector on the motherboard. Neons and other accessory goodies plug in to the psu. Period.

Back
Top Bottom