A couple questions

Legion Kreinak

In Runtime
1. Which will run games quicker - a 48x cd-rom or a 16x dvd-rom drive? I was never sure if it even made a difference.

2. If I plan to burn DVDs, should I get dual drives (i.e., to just put the original in the top drive, and the blank in the bottom) to copy a DVD right to another? Or do you need to write them to HD first anyway?

3. I hear stuff about cards and whatnot burning out. Is this only from overclocking, or do they burn out eventually anyway?

4. What can burn out, exactly? Video & sound cards?

5. Do video cards burn out from playing games too often, or just too much at all over time?

1. the 16x dvd rom is what it burns at, it probably reads at 48x. but the 48x will read the disc faster if its a game that needs the disc inserted.

2. im wondering this same question, but im going by which would be easier, im thinking of installing a dvd-rom to just copy movies straight over.

3. they will eventually die anyway but not before they wont play anything because they'll be about 10 years old anyway. overclocking lowers a video cards life but still keeps it about 5 years, which most ppl upgrade by then anyway. although too big of an overclock can kill a card fast.

4. never heard of a sound card burning out, although maybe with a power surge. video cards will burn out because of extreme heat from overclocking, or just super old.

5. lol a video card wont burn out from playing games unless its getting too hot, usually from overclocking or a faulty card

Back
Top Bottom