Re: A couple questions
1. the 16x dvd rom is what it burns at, it probably reads at 48x. but the 48x will read the disc faster if its a game that needs the disc inserted.
2. im wondering this same question, but im going by which would be easier, im thinking of installing a dvd-rom to just copy movies straight over.
3. they will eventually die anyway but not before they wont play anything because they'll be about 10 years old anyway. overclocking lowers a video cards life but still keeps it about 5 years, which most ppl upgrade by then anyway. although too big of an overclock can kill a card fast.
4. never heard of a sound card burning out, although maybe with a power surge. video cards will burn out because of extreme heat from overclocking, or just super old.
5. lol a video card wont burn out from playing games unless its getting too hot, usually from overclocking or a faulty card
AMD 3000+ @ 2.25
Corsair Twinx 1024mb 2x512mb XMS
MSI 6600GT's SLIed @ 565/1100
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo