couple pc questions

Spartan109

Fully Optimized
wuts the performance difference between 2gigs of dd2 ram with 5-5-5-15 timings and 2 gigs of ddr 3 with 9-9-9-27 memory timings?

wuts a good cooler you can find on tiger direct that will cool and OC a E6850 well?

and is it worth it to get a 8800GT or get a low range card until the 9800GTX comes out?

EDIT: also wuts the advantage of having vista hom premium 64bit rather than 32bit?

1. Depends more on the clock speeds (MHz) than the timings.

2. This isn't bad:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2146651&CatId=493
Why tigerdirect though? They don't have a very good selection of HSFs

3. Depends on your preference...the 9800GTX will probably be around $600 at release, so if you're willing to pay that much and wait 3 more months...

4. The main advantage of 64 bit is that it can recognize more RAM. 32 bit can only recognize something like 3.25 GB of RAM, while 64 bit can handle much more.

64bit like he said can recognize 4g at once
id get the 8800gt
the drr3 will run much much faster but not to its limit until they can get the timings down

1. Depends more on the clock speeds (MHz) than the timings.

2. This isn't bad:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2146651&CatId=493
Why tigerdirect though? They don't have a very good selection of HSFs

3. Depends on your preference...the 9800GTX will probably be around $600 at release, so if you're willing to pay that much and wait 3 more months...

4. The main advantage of 64 bit is that it can recognize more RAM. 32 bit can only recognize something like 3.25 GB of RAM, while 64 bit can handle much more.

the clocks would be for the ddr2 800mhz and the ddr3 1333mhz

y tiger?im canadian and my parents dont like online shopping so i have to get them to drive mt to the city to get the parts and theres a local tiger here

im willing to pay it but im lookin to get crysis maxed so i dont no if the 8800gt will cut it, and ive heard rumors that the 9800GTX will be 3times as powerful than the 8800GTX

dosen't 64bit have issues with some 32bit games like oblivion?

EDIT: do OEM cpus or the heatsicks come with thermal paste?

Yeah, the DDR3 would be much faster then. I'd say you should wait a bit to get DDR3 though, it's not fully perfected yet.

Okay then. The Zalman I linked to is pretty good.

What resolution are you playing at? At anything over 1280x1024 you'd be playing at medium settings, you probably wouldn't be able to completely max it out at 1280x1024.

64 bit has a lot of compatibility issues. IMO, it's not worth the trouble. If you really want 64 bit though, before ordering your parts make sure they all have 64 bit drivers.

Hey, mongoman, congrats on 1.5K

Anyway, I would go ahead and wait for the 9000 series cards, those sound pretty sick. I especially like the idea that they are 3x better than the 8800.. Got links to any sites about them?

Also, 64 bit Vista Ultimate can read up to 128 GB of RAM according to Microsoft's site, but most consumers don't even use 4 GB, so there is no point in 128 GB support.

DDR3 RAM is a fairly new technology and still has a few kinks. The latency may be lower, the clocks may be higher, but the timings are a little random.

Also, yes, 64 bit has some compatibility issues, but I guarantee that there are fixes for that.

Yeah, the DDR3 would be much faster then. I'd say you should wait a bit to get DDR3 though, it's not fully perfected yet.

Okay then. The Zalman I linked to is pretty good.

What resolution are you playing at? At anything over 1280x1024 you'd be playing at medium settings, you probably wouldn't be able to completely max it out at 1280x1024.

64 bit has a lot of compatibility issues. IMO, it's not worth the trouble. If you really want 64 bit though, before ordering your parts make sure they all have 64 bit drivers.

ill just stick with 32bit then. but even with the faster ram(i would order a new moniter too) and a 8800gtata widescreen resolution like 1280x(dont no wut goes here for wide) i wouldn't be able to max it with full AA?

There's no definite info about the 9800 series yet. Everything is pretty much just speculation.

As for 64 bit, the main problem is finding compatible drivers. It could take a few months+ to get stable 64 bit drivers for some hardware.

You might be able to. Frame rates wouldn't be all that stellar though.

I read somewhere you don't need AA if your monitor is set at its native resolution.

I think I saw that in the Sim City Societies settings dialog.

^^ hmmm i wonder if thats true, and ill try to find a link but i read it in tech class so it was kinda rushed cuz my teacher dosent like when we go online.

and freestyler i watched this vid on you tube u might be interested in, everyone might be interested in let me find a link

flightsimboy thanks and get on xfire if u can

EDIT:you tube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mk17qzNeo_g quality sucks but gets a point across bout crysis i guess

Back
Top Bottom