Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Beta Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Law Girl
Unhappy Corrupted Internet Exl

Just wondering if I can get some advice on a problem- I am not computer savy so bear with me- I have a compaq presario F676CL- its not even a month old- I notice the first time I used IE and opend several windows that in order to shut one down you had to shut all open windows/tabs down- I thought maybe this was a setting or windows vista thing that I could fix- this is my first time using Vista- my newest problem is the failure to install Itunes or Firefox- the computer opens the websites and leads to you believe it is about to start the install - but it just sends an error message about encountering a problem and needs to restart- I am at my witts end and figure I have other choice but to do a system restore which I am not even sure will fix any of these problems- any advice is greatly welcomed!

Law Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: Corrupted Internet Exl

ok first off is this your first time using internet explorer 7 ? and tabbed browsing ?

if so then on each tab there is a small X that you can use to clode that individual tab, ill get a screeny for you in 1 min,

and as far as itunes of FF goes gonna need more details im afraid where exactly does it get to in the setup ?

ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Beta Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Law Girl
Default Re: Corrupted Internet Exl

Somehow my other half manage to get Itunes installed again- With FF and Itunes it would get to the point where you see the % downloaded when the screen would dim and the box shows up 'Internet explorer as encounted a problem and needs to restart"- this the same message I would get if I was to close this window out via the red x in the left hand corner- anything open would close and reopen with the home page- maybe this is just vista thing but its pretty inconvient- especially if you run into a page that has tons of advertisements etc....
Law Girl is offline   Reply With Quote