Core 2 Duo models and comparision of affect in gaming?

thelethalblow

Baseband Member
I am trying to decide what to get CPU wise. Basically it comes between the between the 2.0ghz Core 2 Duo, 2.33ghz, all the way up to the 2.66ghz. I was going to just get a e6750 but I thought they were going for 183, but now I think that the manufacture cost to the retailer. Now they are at least 205. There is about a 90 difference between the 2.0 and 2.6ghz right now. I am running a low-mid range build and getting a 7950GT. Has anyone seen number comparisons between the cpu lineup, such as a comparison showing the cpu affect? Is it worth the extra money or will all of them deliver close performance?

Check out toms hardware reviews. Normally they do comparisions of new products. If I was you I'd be researching which series overclocks the best. As long as the cache is the same its irrelevent what speed the cpu is. Because you can overclock them about the same. Give or take a few hundred mhz. Not sure about the new series i'd just spend $300 and get the q6600 quad core :) You'll be set then.

Any of those mentioned shouldn't bottleneck a 7950gt. You planning to run XP otherwise don't waste your money on that get a 8 series card.

I would recommend getting the e6600 for right now, then when the time comes for upgrading get a better GPU and a q6600. This way you will have a great comp now, and a great one later.

The last I heard, the current batch of E6600's aren't OCing too well, if that matters to you.

Back
Top Bottom