Core™2 Duo E6700 (4MB L2 Cache, 2.66GHz, 1066 FSB) = ?Ghz Single Core?

gchet

Beta member
I recently just bought a new system with a Core2 Duo processor (Intel® Core™2 Duo E6700, 4MB L2 Cache, 2.66GHz, 1066 FSB), and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the equivalent SINGLE core processor would be?

The problem is that every single game I check out (and applications for that matter) lists the system requirements for single core but not dual, so I'm trying to figure out roughly what this would be as a single core so I know what requirements to look for.

The requirements will likely be for a Netburst based CPU, Core 2 Duo can do much more per clock cycle. In other words, any app that will run on a single core CPU, will run even better on a 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo.

Basically, the processor will be more than fast enough to play any game which lists it's system requirements as a single core processor.

Re: Coreâ„¢2 Duo E6700 (4MB L2 Cache, 2.66GHz, 1066 FSB) = ?Ghz Single Core?

Thanks a lot for the responses! That definitely clears things up a bit.

basically a netburst processor (P4, Pentium D) has to run 90 faster than a Core 2 to perform the same task at the same speed. the extra core doesn't make it any faster in single threaded applications, only faster when you multi-task. basically if you wanted to a head to head shoot out. you'd say Pentium D 955 overclocked to 2660mhz x 190% = 5054mhz, would run at the same speed as a stock E6700.

Back
Top Bottom