core 2 duo downclock?

hascet

Fully Optimized
ok in ai suite it say my multiplier is at 6 although i know for sure its at nine because it says so in my bios and in another part of ai suite(the cpu ratio thing its in the pic)...heres some pictures of it...
c2ddownclock.jpg

c2ddownclock2.jpg

edit- the rest of my specs are in my sig

Do you have any of those smart overclocking features on? It's possible that since the computer isn't under load, the processor is being underclocked.

i'll check but i think it was doing this before i just downloaded ai suite, I can't remember but i'll check that

just checked: and its all set to normal

I've been playing around with my E6600, I installed that little tool, and the same thing happens to me. Put it under load, however, and it bumps up the multiplier to 9 as it should be.

You should try some OCing! Mine went to 3 GHz without a hitch, but then again, I do have some sweet cooling going on.

hmmm...thats wierd I never noticed it before, it skinda wierd I wonder if theres a way to get to just run full speed all the time...

Check for something in your bios, my E6300 doesn't do it. That program may cause it to change though.

I'm sure in the settings somewhere there's a way to change it. Personally, I like it how it is. Only stress the thing when need be, you know?

And yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the program that does it. It never happened before it was installed AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom