Core 2 Duo or AMD 5600

The numbers may appear to be close, but look what the numbers are for. While a difference 32.3 may appear to be small, When your talking FPS that's a huge difference. If you are wondering, that was the Half-Life 2 test.

Then why are you still arguing for Intel when it's obvious that the AMD is better?

Anyway, of those 2 processors, get the AMD.

the thing is if you arent going to OC then the 2 high end chips are very simmilar in performance.its the fact that the conroe can OC like a beast that makes it so good

That's true, but judging by his computer knowledge I would guess that he's not going to be overclocking too much.

Even if they were exactly equal, I would still get the C2D because if you ever wanted to upgrade, the processor would still run on the LGA775 socket so you would only have to buy a new processor instead of a new motherboard and processor.

Even if they were exactly equal, I would still get the C2D because if you ever wanted to upgrade, the processor would still run on the LGA775 socket so you would only have to buy a new processor instead of a new motherboard and processor.

by the time he will need a new cpu there will most likely be new sockets out already.

Back
Top Bottom