Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #31
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

Dont know if they will have OEM, probably only retail.
__________________

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:16 PM   #32
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

The Egg usually takes a bit to get new products showing on their site.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #33
BSOD
 
Sytheious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 245
Default Re: Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

Has anyone seen the Anandtech article on the overclocked E6300 and E6400? Amazing I tell you! An overclocked E6400 can match, or even out perform the X6800! Amazing!

Intel really did live up to what it said about how when you overclock a Core 2 Duo that the performance would be much much greater then Netburst! Definetly an overclcoker's dream CPU!
Sytheious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:06 PM   #34
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

Core 2 Duo clearly superior to AMD:



Intel is back and dominating AMD in processor war. However, don't count AMD out just yet. They have plans. Core 2 Duo give Intel a clear performance advantage over AMD for the first time in years. AMD introduced aggressive price cuts while mainstreaming chips like the Athlon X2's to riduculous low pricing. Later this year, AMD will launch 4x4 which enables systems to use a pair of high end dual core chips. This will be expensive though. Further in the future, AMD will open it's HyperTransport bus to allow other companies to design specialized co-processors and accelerators to be used with it's high speed HyperTransport bus.

AMD's true answer to Intel's Core 2 Duo will come next year (2007), when they expect to launch it's next generation K8L architecture, including single quad core CPUs.

However, Intel has also something up it's sleeves as they claim to have discovered a way to reduce or eliminate electron leak in modern day CPUs which will in turn, significantly boost performance. Read here for more info about this. Pretty interesting stuff:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4351
__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 AM   #35
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
AMD's true answer to Intel's Core 2 Duo will come next year (2007), when they expect to launch it's next generation K8L architecture, including single quad core CPUs.
However, Intel is already ahead of AMD in releasing a single quad core cpu. They already have working ES's that will do almost 5Ghz.
ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:13 AM   #36
In Runtime
 
Aecliptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 174
Default Re: Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
However, Intel is already ahead of AMD in releasing a single quad core cpu. They already have working ES's that will do almost 5Ghz.

Done properly, you could probably OC the X6800 to 5Ghz.
__________________
| Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 | Asus P5W DH Deluxe | Corsair 1GB (2x 512) P6400 DDR2-800MHz | ThermalRight SI-128 CPU Fan w/ Delta Tri-Blade | Antec TruePower II 550W PSU | Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB HD (U-ATA100) | eVGA GeForce 7300 GS: 256MB GDDR2 | NZXT Apollo Black ATX Mid-Tower Case w/ 2x Sanyo Denki Fans |
Aecliptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:16 AM   #37
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
Core 2 Duo clearly superior to AMD:



Intel is back and dominating AMD in processor war. However, don't count AMD out just yet. They have plans. Core 2 Duo give Intel a clear performance advantage over AMD for the first time in years. AMD introduced aggressive price cuts while mainstreaming chips like the Athlon X2's to riduculous low pricing. Later this year, AMD will launch 4x4 which enables systems to use a pair of high end dual core chips. This will be expensive though. Further in the future, AMD will open it's HyperTransport bus to allow other companies to design specialized co-processors and accelerators to be used with it's high speed HyperTransport bus.

AMD's true answer to Intel's Core 2 Duo will come next year (2007), when they expect to launch it's next generation K8L architecture, including single quad core CPUs.

However, Intel has also something up it's sleeves as they claim to have discovered a way to reduce or eliminate electron leak in modern day CPUs which will in turn, significantly boost performance. Read here for more info about this. Pretty interesting stuff:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4351

AMD's 4x4 initiative is a joke. Imagine the price of getting all those parts. I laugh in their face for even thinking of such dumb things. It's just as dumb as Sony thinking people would "work more" just to get the PS3 for $599.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:21 AM   #38
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

not on air or water. You will need phase change. I think the fastest X6800 is at 5.5Ghz.
ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:01 AM   #39
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

The X6800 seems like an amazing processor. I've read a review stating its the best out, and for good reason. The specs look great, with the high overclocking potential etc, and 2 true physcial cores.

I do have a question though. Is this new Pentium processor working in the same region AMD does, with the fact that at its default 2.93 (the first one for the X6800), its really working faster than stated?
__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:43 AM   #40
Fully Optimized
 
MooseMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,627
Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

well kage really it's not a pentium. it's just a core 2 duo *shrugs* i think the pentuim line is comming 2 an end basically.

i don't really get what u mean by faster than stated. but it does take 128-bit executions as a whole in comparison to AMDs and netburst's 64-bit execution. so instead of breaking a 128-bit into two 64-bits it just takes it as a whole, saving time , or a whole clock cycle(hope clock cycle is the right term) i beleve....
__________________

__________________
.::The top folder on the CF F@H team::.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...&teamnum=42655
MooseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0